students wearing masks


Updated: August 26, 2021, 5 p.m. CDT

Guide for Sick or Exposed Campus Members

If you are currently sick or think you have been exposed to a person with COVID-19, the Guide for Sick or Exposed Campus Members has information on where to get tested, who should be notified, how to get support, and when it is safe to return to campus.

Return to Campus Guide

Creating a plan before you return to campus can help protect your health and the health of other Aggies. The COVID-19 Guide for Students Returning to Campus contains important information to help you through your semester. 

Student Health Services

Student Health Services (SHS) is available for testing and treatment. If a private health care provider is preferred, have health insurance information readily available. Contact Student Health Services at (979) 458-8310 or visit their website online at for more information.

Mental Health Resources

On-campus Housing

On-campus student housing is open and available for students taking classes on-site, online or both. On-campus residents who test positive for COVID-19, or are exposed to someone who tested positive, should submit the COVID-19 Report Form and inform their live-in residential staff. Residential staff are prepared to discuss available options and guide them through the next steps. Some residents may be able to isolate/quarantine in their own room or apartment, depending on their unique situation and where they live. Residents who are from a location beyond a five-hour drive from College Station might have the option to isolate/quarantine in an alternate location on campus. Each case will be evaluated individually. Contact the Department of Residence Life at 979-862-3158 or visit their website at for more information.

On-campus residents are strongly encouraged to be proactive and formulate a plan now for where they will go if they become ill or exposed, even those who are fully vaccinated. Residents who are able to return to their permanent residence to isolate/quarantine are strongly encouraged to do so and save the limited resources for residents who cannot logistically return home to isolate/quarantine.

Travel Guidance

For the latest information about domestic and international travel restrictions and return to campus protocols, visit


Frequently Asked Questions

  • What should I do if I am ill and cannot keep up with my courses?
    • If you are feeling ill, make an appointment with your healthcare provider. Students can make an appointment at Student Health Services by visiting the website or by calling (979) 458-8310. Please do not show up at a clinic, urgent care or other healthcare facility without calling first. Your provider may need to take special measures to protect other people in the clinic. Telemedicine may also be available, enabling you to consult a provider from home. If possible, request a medical provider’s note to document your illness.
    • Follow the directions outlined here
    • Contact your instructors to notify them of your illness.
    • Personal injury or Illness that is too severe or contagious for the student to attend class may be considered an excused absence under Student Rule 7.  The student is responsible for providing documentation substantiating the reason for the absence, including reasons stated in Student Rule, Section 7.2. This documentation must be provided within three business days of the last date of the absence, unless otherwise stated in this rule.
  • Is there Financial Aid for Students?

    Please visit the Financial Aid website for more information on how to apply for Financial Aid. If you have already applied, please check and click on the Financial Aid Portal icon.

  • What should I do if I feel ill?
    • If you are feeling ill, make an appointment with your healthcare provider. Students can make an appointment at Student Health Services by visiting the website or by calling (979) 458-8310 during normal business hours.
    • Telemedicine may be available, enabling you to consult a provider from home.
    • Check with your health insurance provider. If you are a student enrolled in the TAMU Student Health Insurance plan, MD Live is available for you (a medical visit copay applies). If you have symptoms such as a cough, fever, or other respiratory problems, contact your primary care doctor first.
    • If symptoms worsen, consult your primary care doctor. Find more information regarding when to visit an emergency room or an urgent care facility here:
    • Practice physical distancing. Stay indoors and avoid contact with others, just as you would with the flu. Those with contagious diseases should stay home from work or school until they are well. People with fever, cough and respiratory issues should seek immediate medical attention.
  • What is the guidance that International Student Services is giving to its students?

    International Student Services continues provides information about health insurance, immigration status, travel, employment, ISS office operations and programming on its website. Visit for more information.