Personal Safety Support Information
Blue emergency phones
There are 115 blue light phones located throughout the Texas A&M campus. These phones are distinguished by the 12-foot pole with the blue light on top and "Police Help" written on the front and sides.
In an emergency, simply open the door on the weatherproof box and press the red button. The University Police dispatcher will immediately know your exact location. Talk directly into the speaker in the center of the phone.
The Guard Room provides a free 24-hour Corps escort service. By calling the Guard Room at (979) 845-6789, a Corps member will meet the person requesting the escort and walk with him/her to most on-campus locations.
For those who may be from another country and attending Texas A&M, it is important to be aware of and understand the importance of personal safety and what resources are available. This includes you, your family, where you live, and where you frequent.
The best way to be safe is to develop good personal safety practices that include safeguarding your residence, dealing with people in public or on the phone, or staying safe when at home, on the road, or on campus.
- International Programs Safety Information
- International Programs Personal Safety Tips
- College Station Police Department Safety Tips
When in another country, it is hard to plan for every possible situation, so students studying abroad must rely upon experience and judgment when an unexpected situation arises.
Things to keep in mind:
- Make sure that you have sufficient health and accident insurance for the entire period you are out of the U.S.
- Use your common sense. Be cautious and keep your wits about you, just as you would in any large or unfamiliar city.
- Before you travel, you should check with your doctor about inoculations that you may need for where you are going. If you take prescription medication, have an ample supply for your entire stay and make sure that all medication (including over-the-counter drugs) is clearly labeled and in its original container.