A fire or hazardous materials incident can occur whether an individual is inside or outside a building, which requires different procedures and can include Evacuation/Shelter-in-place, Fire, Chemical Spills, or Gas Leaks.
If case of a fire threat:
- Call 911 (9-911 from a campus phone)
- If fire is in building, activate nearest fire alarm pull station and evacuate building.
- Do not enter building until authorized by emergency personnel.
- Follow instructions from emergency personnel.
If case of a HazMat threat:
- Call 911 (9-911 from a campus phone) if assistance is required
- Move away from site of the hazard to a safe location
- Warn others in immediate area
- Follow instructions from emergency personnel