Evacuation Procedures for Campus-Wide Bomb Threats
In the event that you are asked to evacuate campus due to a campus-wide bomb threat:
- Evacuation orders to be disseminated via Code Maroon.
- Do not activate the building fire alarm system to achieve evacuation.
- Remain calm but act quickly.
- Promptly secure equipment, research, etc. in safe shutdown condition before leaving.
- Spread the word of the evacuation order to others as you exit the building.
- Remember to take personal belongings with you (backpacks, briefcases, purses, car keys, personal computing devices, etc.).
- Pedestrians should exit campus by the shortest route.
- Exit campus as directed in the Code Maroon message.
- You may use your vehicle to leave campus, unless directed otherwise in the Code Maroon message.
- If possible, Transportation Services will continue to operate off-campus routes, outbound only. Bus pickup locations may be altered, changes will be announced and posted at http://emergency.tamu.edu.
- Transportation Services Paratransit can be reached by calling (979) 845-1971.
- Do not call 911 (or 9-911 from a campus phone) unless there is an immediate, life-threatening emergency.
- Go to http://emergency.tamu.edu for regular updates on the emergency situation and information on returning to campus.