On a college campus sometimes behaviors of concern have gone unreported until a tragedy occurs, then people come forward with bits of information that, in retrospect, may have signaled a larger issue. This information when viewed collectively may be helpful in preventing tragic events and initiating assistance to an individual. Texas A&M University is committed to a proactive approach and needs your help.
As a member of this University community, if you observe any behavior that causes concern, please go to the Tell Somebody website and provide detailed information on the report form. This report goes to members of the Special Situations Team. This team is comprised of University faculty and staff charged with helping students, faculty, and staff who are exhibiting concerning behavior.
In reference to student behavior:
- Office of the Dean of Student Life - (979) 845-3111
In reference to staff behavior:
- Human Resource – Employee Assistance Program – (979) 845-3711
In reference to faculty behavior:
- Dean of Faculties – (979) 845-4274
- Tell Somebody Website
- Report a Workplace Violence Incident (PDF)
- Texas A&M University Critical Incident Response Team
- Shots Fired on Campus: Student Edition Video
- Shots Fired: When Lightning Strikes (workplace violence video)
- Silent Storm: Intimate Partner Violence and Stalking - The Impact on the Workplace
- Flashpoint: Recognizing and Preventing Violence in the Workplace
- Flashpoint on Campus: Recognizing and Preventing Violence on Campus