About Texas A&M University
Welcome to Aggieland
- Texas A&M Facts
- History of the University
- Mission Statement
- University Demographics
- Local Communities
Texas A&M at a Glance
- Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Located in College Station, Texas, about 90 miles northwest of Houston and within a two to three-hour drive from Austin and Dallas.
- Home to more than 50,000 students, ranking as the sixth-largest university in the country, with more than 392,000 former students worldwide.
- Holds membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities, one of only 62 institutions with this distinction.
- With more than $780 million in research expenditures generated by faculty-researchers, ranks 23rd among all universities in total research expenditures
- Has an endowment valued at more than $5 billion, which ranks fourth among U.S. public universities and 10th overall.
- Finished fifth nationally in the prestigious Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup — highest finish in school history — and in the top 10 for four consecutive years, reflecting the overall success of its athletic programs.
- Recognized as Home of the 12th Man, where students stand during football games to show support for the team – and for fellow Aggies – a personification of the Aggie Spirit.
- Already regarded as one of the most intimidating college football stadiums in the nation, Kyle Field is undergoing the largest college stadium renovation in history, which, when completed in 2015, will bring its seating capacity to 102,500.
- Corps of Cadets is recognized among the nation's largest uniformed student bodies at more than 2,300 strong. Texas A&M commissions more officers than any other institution outside of the nation's service academies.
- Named second in the nation by The Wall Street Journal among all universities, public and private, in a survey of top U.S. corporations, non-profits and government agencies, based on graduates that recruiters prefer to hire.
Measures of Excellence
Texas A&M consistently ranks among the country's top universities, with a number of our individual programs recognized as Top-10 in the nation.